Every two hours in the United States, three children will be diagnosed with cancer! Thankfully, 80% of these children will survive. However, three out of five children treated with cancer will develop late effects. Late effects are health problems that occur months or years after treatment has ended. These late effects are both physical and emotional and the chance that they will develop increases over time.
Children’s Cancer Network supports children and families from the moment of diagnosis, throughout treatment, and well into long term survivorship. Through targeted programs and services, Children’s Cancer Network strives to support children and families throughout their cancer journey with programs and services designed to provide financial assistance, promote education, encourage healthy lifestyles, and create an awareness of issues they face related to childhood cancer.
In addition to our extensive family-oriented programs and services, in January of 2014, Children’s Cancer Network joined forces with Dr. Robert Arceci, co-director of the Ronald A. Matricaria Institute of Molecular Medicine at Phoenix Children’s Hosptial, by pledging $100,000 over the next 4 years to search for improved treatment methods for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML), a rare from of leukemia. With this addition to our mission, we hope to not only help children and families who are in the midst of their battle with cancer, but to also improve treatments so that the battle will not be as difficult nor as costly to each child’s health and future.
Children’s Cancer Network is also stepping up to assist children and families battling childhood cancer and it’s effects through advocacy. Instrumental in the development of the newly forms Arizona Childhood Cancer Coalition (AZC3), Children’s Cancer Network realizes that together, the childhood cancer organizations in Arizona can lend a strong voice to these children and families. Our first initiative, spearheaded by Children’s Cancer Network, is a resource guide of Arizona organizations supporting those battling childhood cancer called the AZCCC Resource Guide.
As this September begins, please join Children’s Cancer Network in taking action to support those battling childhood cancer and it’s effects! Learn how you can help increase awareness, honor those impacted by cancer, or empower others to make a difference!
- Share the Facts with a Childhood Cancer Awareness Poster (available at no charge at Children’s Cancer Network)
- Purchase a Childhood Cancer Awareness T-shirt and wear it proudly! (contact Children’s Cancer Network for available designs, cost and pick up times)
- Wear a Children’s Cancer Network’s childhood cancer awareness wristband (available at no charge at Children’s Cancer Network)
- Read daily about Childhood Cancer Heroes on Children’s Cancer Network’s Facebook page or Children’s Cancer Network’s Wall of Heroes at http://www.childrenscancernetwork.org/wall-of-heroes
- As a survivor, sibling, parent, caregiver, or healthcare professional, please post your story on the Children’s Cancer Network Wall of Heroes at http://www.childrenscancernetwork.org/wall-of-heroes
- Donate to make a difference in one of Children’s Cancer Network’s family centered programs! Challenge your peers or corporation to do the same http://www.childrenscancernetwork.org/donate/00000w ($25 buys a gas card for a family; $50 buys 2 food cards for a family; $100 supports one admission bag for a newly diagnosed family; $200 purchases a wig and cosmetics for a teen in cancer treatment. . .you donation makes a direct impact on the families that we serve. Thank you)
- Support businesses that are supporting Childhood Cancer Awareness
- Attend one of Children’s Cancer Network’s September Events http://www.childrenscancernetwork.org/events
- Design your own project or mini event to build awareness and raise funds during the month of September! Please let us help!
Contact us at the Children’s Cancer Network Resource Center, 6150 W. Chandler Blvd, Ste. 1, Chandler, AZ 85226, email@example.com, or 480-398-1564. We look forward to hearing from you!